Thoughts on God, faith, law, politics, and other stuff.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Israel Blog #14: Food

The food in Israel is amazing.  With a steady diet of falafel, hummus, and pitas, we were ready to go all week.  I could have eaten only pitas with the different mixtures we dipped them in all week and I would have been happy.

All the options we had to dip the pitas.
We had really, really good chicken-stuffed figs at Eucalyptis in Jerusalem, outside the Old City.  I didn't get pictures, but I just found the recipe on the website.  If I find all of the ingredients I am going to attempt to be a cook.  (If you go to the Eucalyptis link, the Stuffed Figs are pictured on the right side).

Shawarma for lunch
The other restaurant that I really liked was Azura in Jerusalem.  It was an Iraqi restaurant, and it was really good.  We tried the dumpling soup, which was great, a cinnamon beef eggplant contraption, and an beef eggplant meal with a spicy red sauce that was really good.  Next time I go to Jerusalem, I'll make sure to check the local blogs to see what the best food places are.  (And then I'll talk to the people I know in Israel to see if they agree).

Falafel
The food was great.  I think I'll go by the Pita Shack a little bit more until I go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment